San Mateo Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents can disrupt your life in many ways. They can result in life-changing injuries, mounting medical bills, and major damage to your vehicle. If you or a loved one suffered a serious car accident in San Mateo county, contact Danko Meredith Trial Lawyers to discuss your possible claim. A San Mateo car accident attorney at our law firm can help you collect the fair compensation you need in order to help you move forward with your life. You can contact us online or call us at (650) 453-3600 to schedule an initial consultation.
Why Choose Our Lawyers?
- We succeed on behalf of clients because we work hard to uncover the truth behind what happened. We never give up in our pursuit of justice for our clients.
- We have a long history of winning settlements and verdicts for the injured in Northern California. Our proven track record can give you peace of mind.
- We charge attorney’s fees only if we secure for the client a financial award. If we do not win, you do not pay.
What To Do After a Car Accident in San Mateo
- Stay on the scene and seek medical help: If you feel at all hurt, call 911 to get medical attention immediately. Receiving treatment as early as possible will prevent the injuries from getting worse. Furthermore, professional documentation of your injuries will help build your personal injury case.
- File a police report: Even if you or the other driver have no injuries, call 911 for a police unit. The police will come to the scene, gather their own evidence, and create an investigative report. This will be the first piece of evidence gathered in your personal injury case.
- Gather evidence and exchange information: Take pictures of your car and any other motor vehicles involved in the collision. Be sure to take pictures from all angles, even the parts of the car that appear undamaged. After taking pictures, exchange information with the other driver(s); insurance and driver’s license information are typically all you need. If there are witnesses around, try to get their names and record any statements they make.
- File a claim with your insurance company: After calling 911, gathering evidence, and exchanging information, contact your auto insurance company. They will give you directions on which documentation you need to provide and how to move your claim forward. Important note: Do not sign anything or give a recorded statement to any insurance company before speaking to a lawyer. Simply report the accident and let them know you can contact them later for further discussion.
- Contact a San Mateo car accident lawyer: An attorney will investigate your accident and help you determine what your case is worth. They will also negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. Without an attorney, you may receive only a fraction of what you deserve if you accept a settlement from an insurance company.
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
Our car accident lawyers have represented victims in San Mateo county with a wide range of personal injuries. Regardless of the your injury type, reach out to schedule an initial consultation; you could have grounds to pursue a lawsuit against those at fault for your injuries. Some common types of auto accident injuries are:
If you suffered serious injuries or lost a loved one in a Northern California car accident, you are not alone. Our attorneys have handled cases involving commercial trucks, bicycles, motorcycles, passenger vehicles, delivery trucks, and more. We want to help you fight for just compensation.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents in San Mateo
Most motor vehicle accidents are completely preventable. They can typically be attributed to driver negligence, reckless driver behavior, or manufacturer negligence. Common driver-related causes of car accidents are:
- Distracted driving: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 1,000 people are injured each day due auto accidents caused by distracted driving. This can include talking on the phone, eating, manipulating the radio, applying makeup
- Speeding: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that speeding accounted for more than 9,700 traffic fatalities in 2017.
- Drunk driving: Data from the CDC also reports that around 10,500 people died in alcohol-impaired auto accidents in 2016.
- Tailgating: Driving while rushed or angry can easily result in devastating injuries. In the event that traffic stop suddenly, following another driver too closely makes it hard to avoid an accident. Rear-end accidents occur frequently due to tailgating.
- Dangerous road conditions: Unkept roads can create extremely dangerous situations for drivers. This includes potholes, unmarked construction zones, or missing guard rails. Hazardous road conditions can also include dangerous curves in a road layout, poorly placed highway traffic signals, or improper drainage that result in hydroplaning.
- Auto defects: Accidents can be caused by malfunctioning equipment of the vehicle itself. This can include tires that are not properly measured and filled, defective breaks, faulty steering components, and many more. If a poorly designed or inadequately manufactured auto part led to your motor vehicle accident, you may be eligible to file a product liability claim.
Damages You Could Obtain Following a Car Accident
Our car accident attorneys can help you secure fair compensation for your damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Property damages
- Mental anguish
- Punitive damages
We will fight for maximum compensation while you or a loved one recover from injuries. In the event of a wrongful death, we will work hard to make sure your family is financially and emotionally secure.
The Deadline for Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in San Mateo
Each state has its own statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit. In California, you have two years after the date of your injury or the death of a loved one to file a claim. An accident attorney at our San Mateo law firm can help you take immediate action to ensure you do not miss out on filing your claim.
Can You Afford a Car Accident Attorney?
At Danko Meredith Trial Lawyers, our firm works on a contingency fee basis. This means that you or your family will pay no up-front fees to pursue a lawsuit. We will only collect fees if the case is a success. Some law firms will charge you a retainer for their services, which means you must pay an up-front fee for their representation. In addition to a retainer, they will also charge you an hourly rate for their services. Whether or not you win the case, these fees must be paid. Our San Mateo car accident lawyers want you to feel confident in our services, and therefore only work on a contingency basis.
Contact Us for a Free Case Review
If you were recently in an auto accident in San Mateo county or anywhere near the San Francisco area, our attorneys can help you work through the details of your case. At Danko Meredith Trial Lawyers, we can investigate your case and help you gather evidence. Then, we may start piecing a claim together against one or more defendants. Start your case with a free consultation from one of our San Mateo car accident attorneys. Contact us today.