Airline Accident Lawyer
After a long period of unprecedented safety, airline travel has become increasingly risky. Crew members have become overly reliant on cockpit automation. Novel aircraft designs present new failure modes. Air traffic controllers are subjected to ever-increasing workload. Perhaps most importantly, the FAA has abdicated its duty to regulate aircraft manufacturers, instead allowing them to self-certify their designs as safe even when they aren’t.
Now more than ever it falls upon the civil justice system–judges and juries–to hold the industry accountable. At Danko Meredith Trial Lawyers, we have a passion for aviation safety. If you or family member was injured in an airline accident, contact us today to discuss your case with an experienced airline accident lawyer.
Airline Accidents Cases Bring Change
We’ve represented the families of the following airline disasters whose aftermath brought about industry change:
- Alaska Airlines Flight 261: McDonnell Douglas MD-83 crash off of Point Mugu, California (improperly lubricated horizontal stabilator jackscrew)
- TWA Flight 800: Boeing 747 crash over Long Island Sound (explosion of vapor in center fuel tank due to improper wiring)
- Air France Flight 4590: Concorde STT crash at Paris, France (tire explosion on takeoff)
- Adam Air Flight 574: Boeing 737 crash into the Makassar Strait near Sulawesi (pilot disorientation-fixation on automation)
- Air Philippines Flight 541: Boeing 737 crash on the island of Davao (aircraft design defect)
- Comair Flight 3272: Embraer EMB 120 Brasilia crash at Monroe Michigan (defectively designed de-icing system)
- EgyptAir Flight 990: Boeing 767 crash near Nantucket, Massachusetts (mechanical failure of the aircraft’s elevator control system)
- American Airlines Flight 587: Airbus A300 crash at Bell Harbor, New York (design-induced pilot error)
Why Choose Us?
- Mike Danko has represented clients in major air disasters, both foreign and domestic, for more than 25 years. An active jet pilot with more than 4000 hours as pilot-in-command, Mike is keenly aware of the safety issues affecting jet travel today.
- As our representative cases demonstrate, we are among Northern California’s top trial lawyers. We have obtained millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for airline clients.
- We charge for our services only if we obtain a financial award. We operate on a contingency fee basis. We charge nothing up front, and nothing for our services or for the costs we lay out unless we win.
Danko Meredith Trial Lawyers have what it takes to negotiate or litigate any airline disaster, either domestic or international, according to the clients’ unique needs.
Call for a Free Consultation
We understand the emotional and financial strain that follows from an airline disaster. We can help you deal with the airline representatives and their insurance carriers. When necessary, we can help you navigate international treaties governing some airline flights. Talk to Mike Danko or one of our other airline accident attorneys about your case. Send us a message online or call us at (650) 453-3600 today