People think “General Aviation” means “small planes.” But in fact it includes any aviation operation other than military flights or transportation for hire. General aviation accidents are always sudden, unexpected and devastating for the aircraft’s occupants and their families.
We’ve handled cases arising from virtually every type of general aviation aircraft: ultralights, light sport aircraft (LSAs), antique aircraft, technologically advanced aircraft (TAAs) such as the Cirrus, private jets, helicopters of all sorts, and even hot-air balloons.
If you would like to discuss a possible general aviation crash case, contact us for a free, confidential consultation with one of our California aviation accident lawyers.
Aircraft crash survivors frequently suffer serious injuries such as multiple fractures, burns, lacerations, spinal cord injuries, or brain damage. Our experience with these types of injuries helps us to maximize the client’s compensation.
Danko Meredith Trial Lawyers has a long history of winning cases arising from general aviation accidents throughout the United States. Our representative cases showcase some of our general aviation results.
• $14.9 million jury verdict against an aircraft engine manufacturer for injuries a passenger sustained in the crash landing of a single-engine aircraft.
• $13.3 million jury verdict for the family of a 67-year-old pilot killed in the crash of a single-engine Cessna.
• $11 million settlement for a passenger injured in a private jet crash.
• $10 million jury verdict for the widow of a pilot killed in a helicopter crash.
• $2.9 million jury verdict against an overhaul facility for a pilot injured in a helicopter crash.
• $9.75 million settlement for family involved in the crash of a tour helicopter
• $1.55 million settlement for a woman injured in a plane crash at Lake Tahoe.
• $12 million settlement for families of those lost in helicopter crash following controlled flight into terrain
Whether you suffered permanent injuries or lost a loved one in a general aviation crash, we can help. We take on major manufacturers, maintenance companies, aircraft operators, and insurance carriers as necessary to obtain for our clients just compensation.
Our lawyers can discuss your unique aviation accident case with you for free during a consultation at our local California firm. Schedule your meeting by calling (650) 453-3600, or send us a message to speak to an attorney.